Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm a big kid now!!

I decided it was time to for Wyatt to have a big boy bed...no particular reason, I just felt like he might like it better. Troy is going to build him a bunk bed (eventually), but I wanted him to have one now, so I just took the rails off his crib and added some smaller rails that allow him to get in and out on his own. I also added a baby gate to his doorway to keep him from coming down the stairs in the middle of the night. We don't have room for any extra bed guests and I cringe at the thought of him falling down the stairs. I was surprised at his reaction. He's not usually a big fan of change, but he seemed pretty excited about his big boy bed, and then when I added the baby gate, he was REAL excited. He asked if his room was Wyatt's house. I said yes, knock knock...can I come into Wyatt's house. He thought that was too cool. He took a three hour nap in his new bed, and then slept thru the night. He hasn't slept thru the night in weeks. I don't know if it was the new bed or if I just got lucky. Only time will tell. Now, if we can just get the potty training down. The kid just has no interest. Who cares...he's still the most adorable thing on the planet!!

TTFN,

Cherolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment