Monday, January 5, 2009

Off to a good start...

Ah yes...we are off to a good start. I can feel it in my bones that this is going to be a MUCH better year. I've got a new outlook, I ate lots of cabbage and black eyed peas and I have been decluttering like a mad woman. Our only negative is that Wyatt has begun the terrible twos, but they're not that terrible. He used to be so good about holding my hand when walking across the street, and he was always so good in public places, but I have seen a new side of him. He was quite literally bouncing off the walls on our last shopping excursion. You know those parents that look to have completely no control...that was/is me!!! My child was/is posessed, but I still love the tar out of him. We started potty training today at school. I had to pack FIVE pairs of pants, FIVE shirts and FIVE pairs of socks. We aren't using pull-ups, so accidents are inevitable. I didn't have the heart to tell them that they would probably need 10 of everything, but I know they will. We attempted potty training over the holidays, and I gave up after the 14th "accident." I had him sit on the potty for at least 5 minutes knowing that he would have to pee or something based on the timing of the last meal. He told me, "no, mommy I don't have to go potty." I put on his pants and less than a minute later we were changing clothes AGAIN!!! That's when I gave up. My mother-in-law says, "what's the rush? You don't ever see people walking down the aisle in a diaper...they will learn eventually." I must say I have to agree!!! We'll see how it goes...keeping fingers crossed tightly!!

Love,

Cherolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment